- Protect and maximise the amount and quality of green, open and public spaces in the promotion of a healthier environment.
- Increase the provision of quality social and affordable housing for local people on low and middle incomes.
- Encourage community cohesion and active citizenship.
- Support local businesses, organisations, industries and market traders.
- Promote and develop places for all creative communities to flourish.
- Promote the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.
- Improve the health of the local community.
- Promote and protect all forms of Deptford Heritage and identities.
Over the next 10 years we expect several millions of pounds from development earmarked for the community to spend in our area on local projects. Since 2015 Deptford Neighbourhood Action (DNA) has engaged with many local groups and people to find out what matters most to many local people when we consider the future of our neighbourhood.
Working Groups of local volunteers have collected data, reviewed reports, the London Plan and local planning policies to develop the first draft of Deptford Neighbourhood Plan. The current draft work is available here.
We, from DNA and Working Group members, would like to invite you to help us shape and add detail to this first draft of planning policies and priority projects.
Please tell us to what extent you can agree with the initial ideas and add any others.
Lewisham Council are currently consulting on the new Lewisham housing strategy 2020–26
Lewisham Council want to hear from you so they can make sure they are taking the right steps to solve the housing crisis.
Lewisham Council have published a strategy which summarises how they will tackle the housing crisis and achieve their vision: for everyone to have a safe, stable and affordable home where they can live an independent and prosperous life.
The housing strategy describes how Lewisham Council will work towards:
- delivering the homes that Lewisham needs
- preventing homelessness and meeting housing need
- improving the quality, standard and safety of housing
- supporting our residents to live safe, independent and active lives
- strengthening communities and embracing diversity.
Details of how they are proposing to do this are available in the draft Housing Strategy 2020-26 summary document here.
Click here to to take their survey.
Deptford Neighbourhood Action Draft Neighbourhood Plan Consultation and Online Survey
Welcome to the Draft Deptford Neighbourhood Action (DNA) Neighbourhood Forum Plan and online survey.
DNA became a Designated Neighbourhood Forum in February 2016, and since that time we have been seeking your views on what should be included within the Deptford Neighbourhood Plan (NPlan).
Along the way we have been taking your comments, ideas, and opinions into helping to creating it.
We have held public meetings, attended other community group events and meetings, Local Assembly meetings and have had specialist work carried out by consultants to:
- enable local people to affect the design of Convoys Wharf, called a Design Code:
- come up with small social housing in-fill site ideas
- write up a Character and Heritage survey to persuade the Council to list important heritage within the DNA NPlan Area.
Following from our detailed work with five issue based groups:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Local Economy
- Green and Open Spaces, Heritage
- Additional work on making Deptford a Child Friendly Neighbourhood, including input from Lewisham Council’s Planning team.
We have now published the Pre-Submission DNA Neighbourhood Plan.
Once again, we are seeking your views, at this opportunity to influence the Plan. We need your support for the draft policies and project ideas to ensure that as this will be a Neighbourhood Plan that will run for 15 years, that it contains the best policies that there can be for the benefit of Deptford.
We would be very grateful if you could let us have your views by reviewing the Draft Neighbourhood Plan. The full version of the plan can be found here, and the summary booklet is attached for ease of reference, and then complete this short online survey. Click here to go to the survey.
The full DNA Draft Neighbourhood Plan can be reviewed until Wednesday 18th December 2019 at Pepys Resource Centre, Old Library, Deptford Strand, London, SE8 3BA between the hours of 10.00 am – 3.00 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. There is also another copy of the full NPlan which can be viewed at the Deptford Energy Cafe, Energy Advice Desk, at Deptford Lounge, 9 Giffin Street, Deptford, London SE8 4RJ, every Monday from 10.00 am – 4.00 pm, where you will be assisted to complete the survey on-line.
An exhibition of the Neighbourhood Plan will be at the Local Assembly Meetings coming up this Autumn:
On Tuesday 29th October at the Bear Church, Frankham Street, SE8 4RN from 7pm – 9pm
On Tuesday 12th November at the Leander Community Centre, Ship Street, London SE8 4DH from 7pm – 9pm
On Tuesday 26th November at the Lewington Community Centre, 9 Eugenia Road, Rotherhithe, London SE16 2RU from 12 noon – 2.00 pm
Joyce Jacca, Chair and the DNA Steering Group
Next DNA Public Meeting – Pubic Launch of the Draft Plan
When? Thursday 17th October 2019.
What Time? 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Where? 2000 Community Action Centre, 199-201 Grove Steet, London SE8 3PG.
Download the flyer for the Open Meeting of the Launch of the DNA Neighbourhood Plan here (85kB).
Download the Proposals Map here (57kB).
Neighbourhood Plan Progress Meeting
DNA will be holding a Neighbourhood Plan progress meeting with the Neighbourhood Forum Consultant Angela Koch (from Imagine Places) who will be talking us through the draft Neighbourhood Plan.
Refreshments will be provided. Area for young children to play in – computers etc for older children all on site.
When? Saturday 23rd March 2019.
What Time? 11.00 am – 13.00 pm.
Where? Pepys Resource Centre, Old Library, Deptford Strand, London, SE8 3BA.